A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Hungary cut their entry short - and I love it

Hungary has presented the shortened Eurovision version of their entry, and I had worried a bit about that.

I really, really enjoyed the original version that clocked in on a bit more than four minutes and sometimes when you cut songs down they lose a lot in structure as well as in the drama department.

So my relief and joy is all the greater to see the official clip tonight.



Kati Wolf - What About My Dreams (Hungary 2011)

There are just so many things I love about this. You can hear echoes of Lara Fabian ("I Will Love Again" in particular) and Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody", and the clip blinks an eye towards Kylie's "Can't Get You Out Of My Head".

It is also very elegant to keep one verse in Hungarian. Now they get to show what a lovely language this is, but the audience can sing along every time the chorus comes around.

I am officially upgrading Hungary from a personal favourite into one of the hot contenders. And I assure you - you would all love Budapest in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment