A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Azerbaijan made a new clip

On the official Eurovision YouTube channel, there has now been a new clip presented to accompany this years Azeri entry. I have a tiny suspicion that the local tourist board has had a say in the choice of scenery.



Ell & Nikki - Running Scared (Azerbaijan 2011)

This is still one of my top contenders for victory on May 14th, but I must admit to liking the original clip better. Not only does this one look too much like the old tourism-friendly previews Turkey made in the 80's to suit their pretty contemporary song, but I still have doubts about the chemistry of this couple.

Them acting like lovebirds on a mountain outing falls flat, I don't find them credible for a second. Do they look good? Yes. Do they look in love? Not at all.

I hope they take that in account for the live performance. If they focus more on singing and less on trying to convince Europe they are smitten by each other, then this one could go very far.

No comments:

Post a Comment