A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tobson Ranking: #40 Romania

Hammer out a simple song that everyone can sing along with. If you do it well, you're unbeatable. If you do it badly... then you are these guys.



Hotel FM - Change (Romania 2011)

Usually, this is what Romania does really well. They send in simple but efficient, hooky little numbers that I normally defend with quite some passion.

At first, I thought this ditty was OK as well. And then it all fell apart. The cheap production, the cheesy lyrics, the taste of plastic in my mouth as soon as the chorus started.

And when this group turned out to be almost as smug as the Belgians...

No, thank you. But I have great expectations on hearing a much better song from Romania next year. A much much much better song.

My grade: 1 / 5

3 comments:

  1. I didnt like it when it was selected in Romania - i liked it less on the ESC. surprised this made the final; it's just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for developing this website. The stories here are worth reading many times over in order to refresh us time and time again. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessika:

    Thank you so much! It feels so much more rewarding keeping the blog going when I know I have keen followers!

    ReplyDelete