A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tobson Ranking: #42 Spain

Several good friends of mine - yes, good friends with reliable taste - has this one as their guilty pleasure of 2011. I guess I'm just too square and stuck in my ideas. But this is totally unworthy for a country like Spain.



Lucia Perez - Que me quiten lo bailao (Spain 2011)

RTVE is clearly one of those tv stations desperate not to win Eurovision. When the other countries directly qualified for the final have started taking the whole thing seriously again, Spain fall behind.

Miles behind.

Their lack of commitment would almost be cute if it didn't mean we have to endure their lousy, half-hearted entries.

Spain is an impressive pop nation with fantastic pop stars and terrific song writers. There is no excuse for them to inflict bottom-of-the-league entries like this one.

Amateurish on every level and in no way worthy of being in the final. I suggested that we give Spain the boot for 2012 and push them out in the semis. Maybe that would make them put up at least a tiny effort in the future?

My grade: 1 / 5

1 comment:

  1. It was poor. It looked like she was singing on out pilot through the whole thing

    ReplyDelete