A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tobson Ranking: #18 Denmark

It really wants to be the big anthem of the year and it wants us all to song along. But the boys also want to be edgy and cool. That works so-so.



A Friend In London - New Tomorrow (Denmark 2011)

First of all congratulations to Denmark for heavy scoring two years in a row. A bit too heavy scoring for my taste.

A Friend In London is a likeable bunch with a charismatic lead singer, but I get the feeling they want us all to think they are very indie and hip and cool. Then it won't work to sing a harmless little song like this one.

Another solid effort from Denmark but I wouldn't mind if they surprised me a bit next year.

My grade: 3 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment