A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tobson Ranking: #5 Serbia

The Serbians go spanking mad and believe Belgrade is Motown. And I love it!



Nina - Čaroban (Serbia 2011)

Many entries in the past have gone all wrong when they try to produce a Motown vibe, but in my ears the Serbians get it quite right. There is so much bubble, sparkle and energy packed into this song that I can't stand still as it starts.

I want to dance along like the wild and beautiful backing group and pretend like I was part of the Swinging Sixties as well.

Unfortunately, nerves got the better of Nina who didn't sing quite as brilliantly live as during rehearsals. But she is still such a remarkable performer. Again - who would believe this girl is only 21?

From a technical point of view, I think the background projections get a bit too busy and exhausting, and in some shots you almost lose the performers thanks to this.

But the song is ace. And, if truth be told, even better in its English version.

My grade: 4 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment