A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Slovenia 2012: another big ballad

The new selection format in Slovenia was a battle between sister duet Eva & Nika Pursnik and solo singer Eva Boto, who performed three songs each.

I didn't follow the selection, but the people in my twitter feed seemed more pleased with the show itself than the participating songs.

The winner, however, seems to be quite popular all around. Composed by 2007 eurovision winner Vladimir Graic, it seems to remind some people a tiny bit too much of his former entry "Molitva".

Personally, I don't think the link between the songs is so obvious. Eva Boto sings it very well and is nicely complimented by her four backing singers.

My problem with this song is that I find it slightly un-catchy. Pleasant throughout, but it didn't stay in my mind after one listening. But I needed a few listenings to grasp "Molitva" as well, in all fairness. It took me a month after Düsseldorf before I say the greatness of last year's Slovenian entry.

As my first impression, I still think Eva's voice will impress the juries far more than the song will hit home with televoters but a spot in final should not be out of reach at all.



Eva Boto - Verjamem (Slovenia 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment