A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Song of the Day: Netherlands 1964

I went through my blog statistics and noted that I have faithful readers both here and there.

One of the countries I had not expected to see on top ten when it comes to number of pageviews is Indonesia, but it is wonderful to see that you keep coming back.

I think that deserves some recognition, so my hommage to the readers in Indonesia is this song - the first Eurovision entry ever performed by an Indonesian-born singer.

Anneke Grönloh was (and is) a huge star in the Netherlands and sang a modern pop song one year too early. The juries were not ready and only awarded a grand total of two points for this fantastically catchy little ditty. One year later, France Gall was to go all the way to victory with another really modern entry.

So here's to lovely Anneke, and here's to Indonesia! Tobson bows to you!



Anneke Grönloh - Jij bent mijn leven (Netherlands 1964)

(As most of you are aware, there is no known video copy of Eurovision 1964 in existence. But the studio version is smashing too.)

1 comment: