A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tobson Ranking: #39 Lithuania

Lately, Lithuania is making it to the final more often which is great for them. Too bad their songs are not better.



Donny Montell - Love Is Blind (Lithuania 2012)

Last year a good singer lifted the incredibly pretentious Lithuanian Disney ballad into the final, and this year the blindfolded Disco King followed suit. And I understand nothing of this.

Lithuania had a good starting position in the semi, so maybe I could understand their qualification. But the mid-table placing in the grand final? The only thing I hear and see is a very weak and dated disco track performed by an over-excited young man, so convinced of his own greatness that it almost hurts.

I love passionate performers, but there is nothing attractive about somebody almost jumping out of his stagewear with pure enthusiasm. Apparently the televoters found something they were longing for, while I just wanted these three minutes to end.

My grade: 1/5

1 comment: