A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tobson's Ranking: #18 Bosnia and Herzegovina

This is one of my favourite ballads of the year, but I have come to expect more from the Bosnian entrants performance-wise.



Maya Sar - Korake ti znam (Bosnia-Herzegovina 2012)

From the word go, I melted like butter when I heard this very soft, very tender, very gentle ballad in its delicate arrangement, partially whispered rather than sung by the very sensitive Maya Sar that touched me already last year in Düsseldorf (when she was part of Dino Merlin's backing group).

I'm still very fond of the recorded version, but the live performance did not quite live up to my expectations.

A female piano ballad almost always include the singer getting up from her instrument towards the end to give the end notes some extra forza. Very predictable, on the verge of forgettable. Previous Bosnians entries have always included something for the eye as well as for the ears, and I was slightly disappointed to find this ingredient missing.

Maybe Maya Sar didn't have her best day vocally either, and I was a bit surprised to see this one in the final. But it still is a lovely song. Had it had a bit more to offer visually, it would have been higher still in my ranking.

My grade: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment