A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Semi 2: 15 Romania


Almost every year there is one song that brings out the worst sides in me. Most often a pre-favourite - loved by a loud crowd of fans - that I don't really like and that I eventually find myself wishing it will fall flat and fail. You guessed it, folks. This is the one.



Ovi & Paula - Miracle (Romania 2014)

I liked Ovi and Paula back in 2010 and even though I didn't see their success coming quite the way it did I was really happy for them and still enjoy their song. I was not averse to them entering again. If successful acts want to come back and try to better themselves I'm all smiles as long as they have a song that is even better.

Miracle isn't that kind of song at all. It's not better than their first attempt. Honestly, it is hardly even a song.

It is just three minutes of effects stacked one on top of another. No heart, no melody line, no lyrics - just a bunch of unsorted ideas with no read thread and no point. It starts and it stops and it starts again, almost like it was hesitating. Perhaps the song itself ponders whether this was a clever move.

Especially Paula is still a brilliant singer but I have a hard time hearing this song to the end. I just want it to go away.

Qualifier: Yes. It probably can't lose. And that doesn't really make me like it more. In my book, this is the worst entry in this entire semi. If it wins, I will scream and cry and scream again.

My grade: 1/5

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you, the song isn't that good. However it will qualify I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason the following lines come to my mind after listening to this song:

    Ett mirakel som kallas kärleken, ett mirakel
    Kärleken kärleken kärleken, oj oj
    Ett mirakel som kallas kärleken
    Detta under, detta mirakel
    Herregud

    (förlåt mig).

    ReplyDelete