A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Semi 1: 10 Czech republic / I Stand



Not even with the very best of intentions could anyone truthfully call the Czech republic's eurovision run a successful one. Out of all 43 participants in Stockholm, Czech republic is the only country never to have made it to the final.

This year they had the misfortune to place themselves in the most competitive group of all: the female mid-tempo radio-friendly belter. There is an abundance of songs like these. Not all of them will make it to the final, regardless of how good they are. They will eat each other, so to speak.

I have still decided to keep my hopes up. This is one of the very best female ballads of the year and given Gabriela's extensive performing experience maybe this could turn electric enough to convince Europe.

Qualifier:
Borderline. It really needs power and conviction but it is not impossible. Hope never dies, as I heard the Czechs say before.

My grade: 4/5



Gabriela Gunčíková / I Stand (Czech republic 2016 preview clip)

No comments:

Post a Comment