A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Semi 2: 18 Belgium / What's The Pressure?



How much luck can anyone possibly have? When the running order was set, I think the Belgian team broke the scale.

My opinion has not changed much since the Belgian final and I still find this a terribly disappointing song with a real let-down of a chorus. The only things it has going for it is a good arrangement - that makes it seem bright and energetic without really being anything close to that - and a sparkling performance by young Laura.

However, none of the negatives will matter now. Belgium will come bursting in with something that resembles tempo and attitude and close a decent but a bit too streamlined semi on a happy note.

Qualifier:
Yes. It won't carry far in the final but on Thursday night this can't lose.

My grade: 1/5



Laura Tesoro / What's The Pressure? (Belgium 2016 preview clip)

No comments:

Post a Comment